Addition Manufacturing Technologies is a multi-national company involved in the design and manufacture of capital equipment and related tooling. In addition to providing leading edge equipment and tooling products, part of our mission is to provide manufacturing solutions which are supported by outstanding training, service support and process expertise to ensure our customers get the maximum benefit from our products.
We are currently seeking a unique individual to join our team of tool design engineers who will help us deliver on this mission. This position requires excellent analytical and organizational skills and the desire to become a hands-on expert with all Addition equipment. Ability to work and effectively communicate with all levels of our organization and our customers’ organizations is critical.
- Interpret customer Requests for Quote and orders for tooling and determine if additional information is necessary to fulfill customer contract requirements
- Design tooling to produce the desired part(s) efficiently, safely and over an acceptable period of time
- Use CAD software to design and produce a technically correct drawing to be used to manufacture the desired customer tooling
- Develop a comprehensive bill of materials to accurately and efficiently manufacture part via ERP System
- Determine if tooling tryouts are necessary and coordinate efforts with the development team to do so
- Solve any problems that would become apparent during the tryout and ensure these changes are properly recorded
- Alter or modify design to obtain specified functional and operational performance
- Communicate with other departments, customers and vendors to enhance the design process
- Provide customer support as needed by the customer in regard to our product (after obtaining some experience this support may including travel to the customer’s site)
- Coordinate with sales staff and customers to determine and recommend tubular component processing requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Some knowledge of tube forming machines and tooling would be helpful
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in use of Solid Edge or equivalent
- Proficient in 2D and 3D Design
- Some Knowledge in 3D surfacing would be helpful
- Understanding of parametric design concepts
- Good understanding of manufacturing and processing concepts
Addition offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal-opportunity employer that does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of the EEOC. We strive to fill our needs for talented individuals through internal promotion whenever practical so for the right individual, opportunities for further training, exposure to other aspects of the business and career advancement are plentiful.