Addition Manufacturing Technologies is a multi-national company involved in the design and manufacture of capital equipment and related tooling. Our goal is to provide our customers with leading edge manufacturing process solutions for tube forming. These solutions include equipment, tooling products and material handling all complemented by outstanding training, service support and process expertise to ensure our customers get the maximum benefit from our products.
We are currently seeking an eager, disciplined individual to join our team of engineers at our Ohio facility to help Addition deliver in our mission of excellence as an Automation and Controls Engineering Manager.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Designs and integrates systems of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls for machines and equipment such as end formers, benders, robots and other manufacturing equipment.
- Develops proposed designs and costing for automated cells.
- Partners with sales to present automated cell proposals to customers.
- Provides program management for controls projects.
- Manages the development and design of automated cell projects.
- Manage the development and design of machine control systems.
- Reviews projects with management to ensure functionality, timing and cost objectives are being met.
- Ensures that technical drawings and specifications of control systems meet company standards and provide sufficient detail to allow purchasing and machine build operations to successfully source and build machines on time, on budget and to customer specification.
- Oversee design, schematic and implementation of hardware machine and automated production cells control systems including conductors, relays, and other components of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and lubrication devices
- Oversee design, programming, integration and implementation of software for machine and automated production cells including PLC controls (ladder logic and structured text), robot controls, NC/CNC controls and control system communications.
- Reviews schematics and functionality with customer's representatives to answer questions during runoff and installation of systems
- Oversees integration and installation of automated cells.
- Aids in the trial run of programmed machine and equipment operation to verify that all programs, communications and overall functionality conform to specifications
- Supervise the compilation of machine manuals
- Estimates labor, material, and construction costs, and prepares specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
- Provide training and/or assistance to service and/or assembly departments
- Continually consider new ways of improving machine performance and/or reducing cost
- Lead, develop and manage a group of 4-5 controls engineers.
- Additional duties may be assigned as determined by management
Qualifications & Requirements
- 4 year Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of related experience
- 4 years recent managerial experience
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Knowledge of electric circuit boards, processors, chips, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Intimate knowledge of programmable logic controllers and related ladder logic and structured text programming
- Intimate knowledge of automated systems and their integration
- Intimate knowledge of robot systems and programming
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex systems
- Capable of managing large projects without supervision
- Significant experience with PC based multi-axis NC/CNC programming and systems
Additional requirements when submitting your resume:
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter.
- Do you have knowledge of industrial controls systems hardware such as Allen Bradley or Beckhoff? If yes, briefly describe your knowledge.
- Do you have professional control systems design experience? If yes, briefly describe your experience including design software used.
- Do you have professional control systems safety experience? If yes, briefly describe what manufacturers you have used and the application.
- US citizen or legal alien
- Must have a valid driver's license with no restrictions.
- Possess or qualify for issue of passport and visa
Addition offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal-opportunity employer that does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of the EEOC. We strive to fill our needs for talented individuals through internal promotion whenever practical so for the right individual, opportunities for further training, exposure to other aspects of the business and career advancement are plentiful.